Saturday 29 June 2013

Rezzed 2013

Thanks to Professor Teenwolf (design guru and spraff master) and his intense powers of blagging he managed to get me and ratking (coder to the stars and hobo sex act coordinator) into Rezzed!

 It was really important for me to go to rezzed this year. Having gone to E3 thanks to life long friend Ian Higton of Platform 32 and Eurogamer fame I knew that an expo for indie games is a place we really as a young game dev team needed to go. 

I took a lot from the weekend, and we got to play some wicked games, but we also got to see how accessible the indie game world is. I am under no illusion how much talent, time and sacrifice it takes to be a developer but, we have a chance, if we can stumble on the right ideas we have the nucleus of a team that can make some cool games. 

The Dev talks were really cool to watch, the indie scene is really keen to share knowledge and its so so helpful to us hearing about other peoples problems because it helps us to avoid making some mistakes. the indie scene is so supportive and it really is a community that trys to help the little guy succeed. We are proud to be the little brothers of all these talented people. I cant wait until we can contribute to the scene and maybe one day we can show a game at rezzed!

so what games did we enjoy playing? Well for me I loved hotline Miami 2 and also had a blast playing Total war Rome 2. I don't play these types of games but was pleasantly surprised with the game and how much I got into it. I will definitely be getting this game in September when its released! Surgeon simulator was hilarious and we spent ages watching people play it. Its strange but I probably spent more time laughing at people playing than actually playing myself!

Pj Had a go on the oculus rift and he couldn't stop going on about it! honestly if you can get a go on a dev unit then go for it, its going to change gaming!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment