Tuesday 9 July 2013

Bedlam Art complete.

PHEW! all the Bedlam artwork is complete. its been an epic task for an amateur artist but I've got there. I've shed blood, sweat and tears working on this project part time, but its completed now and although there's things I would like to improve due to my skills, knowledge and confidence growing during the project. As much as I would like to go back an touch a few things up ( that's what she said) I would probably never get things finished so that's it. I'm sure I'll go back and do the odd improvement here and there but for now that's it.

So what have I learnt?

1) Don't be too ambitious especially when we are just starting out. I had to learn Adobe illustrator and Adobe Flash but due to my work load I've only managed to get my head around illustrator. I'm by no means an illustrator guru but I can now use the program to produce work I'm proud of.

2) Communication is key. Staying in regular touch with my co-devs is vital. Help and support is there and it would have helped if we had set up weekly Skype chats earlier. We are a team and we will pull together so there's no point stressing myself out trying to get everything done on my own.

3) Inspiration. Its very easy to sit and stare at a blank screen for hours with no idea where to start. My favourites list in my browser is now bulging with my fav sites linked to gaming, art colour wheels and design websites. With all the best intentions in the world I found myself with time to work on the project but I just cant get going because I cant find a start point. in the future I will be gathering a lot more ideas and concepts before starting the project.

What's next? - the website! Currently I'm mocking up websites to play around with art and colours. It harder than you think to get a colour scheme sorted for the site. I'm torn between styles at the moment and its very hard to put across the point of the site through the artwork and design. Currently I'm using our beta site design layout because PJ's done a cracking job with it and I don't want to deviate too much from it as he's put a lot of time into it.

Then?????

The next game project will be under way! PJ's got a game built to a decent level and we will get together to discuss art work and the look of the game. Keep an eye out for this game as its brilliant! Its something that you probably haven't seen before and it should bring a smile to your face. again well done PJ, cracking job so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment